Submission of Abstracts is now closed
Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 40th European Congress of Cytology, which will be held in Liverpool, England on the 2nd – 5th October 2016. This meeting represents an excellent opportunity to present original research, best practice, as well as new developments in cytology.
All accepted lead / presenting authors will be offered the early bird discounted registration fee for a limited period of time. Submit your abstract now to take advantage of this special rate that is now only available to those who submit an abstract and are accepted
Submit Abstract Here
Opening of Call for Abstracts: 4 February 2016
Deadline for Abstract Submission: 30 June 2016
Notification of Abstract Acceptance: July 2016
Submitters are asked to choose how they would like to present their abstract. The submitter can choose to present as an oral presentation or as a poster, if the submitter is undecided they can choose oral or poster. If the abstract is accepted, the Programme Committee may choose to include it as an alternative presentation type to that chosen by the submitter.
Abstracts must be submitted under one of the following themes and sub-themes. If none appear appropriate please use ‘Other’.
Cervical Cytology (including the use of HPV in cervical cytology/screening)
• Endocrine Glands (except Thyroid)
• Gastro-Intestinal System (including EUS FNA Liver and Pancreas)
• Head and Neck (including Thyroid and Salivary Glands)
• Immunochemistry & Molecular Techniques
• Lymph Nodes
• Nervous System
• Respiratory Tract (including EBUS)
• Serous Effusions
• Training & Technology
• Urinary Tract
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ECC 2016.
Abstracts not formatted to the following standards will NOT be accepted.
Please click on the link below to see a template abstract layout that you need to use when you create your abstract. Save it as a word file to upload on the online submission portal.
• The abstract summary word limit is 300, this does not include the abstract title, authors and their affiliations, and references.
• Only up to a maximum of 5 references can be included.
• The corresponding author must be obvious at the time of submission and their name must be underlined in the abstract submission.
• If the presenting author is different to the corresponding author please indicate on the submission.
• No graphs or diagrams are to be included in the abstract submission.
Abstracts will not be accepted if the above guidelines are not adhered too.
All abstracts must follow this layout and format.
Download Abstract Template Here
How to submit an abstract
Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. You can then add your contact details and submit your abstract in the ‘Abstract Submission’ section in the system.
Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited. If you require edits to be made please contact email@example.com
Notification will be sent to authors in July 2016.
Submit Abstract Here